Representing all American Indians throughout the State of Florida and surrounding territories
The American Indian in the South and East States has been grossly under represented due to the relocation of our people to the western states since 1833. The void created by the disbursement of our people has left large numbers of small tribes, clans and communities scattered all over this section of the USA. This disbursement has created a mistrust of those that would seek to control or discriminate against our people. Therefore many tribes, clans and American Indian Communities prefer to remain self sufficient rather than condescending to acceptance of them as the people whom they are. There is a need for these unrepresented peoples, working with those who have Federal or State acceptance to stand together for the heritage and traditions that our Creator has given to us
Why should you support and be a part of the South East American Indian Council and the FLORIDA CHAPTER?
- Collective voice to those who wish to help American Indians in our area with resources such as Cancer Prevention education, Quality of Life and Survivor assistance.
- Working together WE can do more than one working along. WE can help each other and as one voice WE can have a stronger voice.
- Networking with our fellow American Indians throughout our areas we can both learn from and teach each other.
- WE can foster a relationship based on trust and support to enhance our people.
- Caring and sharing with each other WE can reach out a helping hand to understand and seek to meet the needs of one another.
- Health issues common to our people can be addressed in respect of our culture and ethnic consideration.